We have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Binghamton. Whether it’s through our own business practices or creating energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on your climate. The three below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 features three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with a double coating of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Visit your Binghamton Pella Showroom to learn about more of our insulating glass styles or our recommended glass for the Binghamton region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between the glass panes to give increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room during the winter months; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Our Innovation for Binghamton Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.