Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the ambiance that guests have when coming into your Binghamton home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are willing to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and require a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring an entire look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can shift attention to particular door details and distract attention away from other unfriendly parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can be given a major facelift.
Greet guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a lasting first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Binghamton, give them a call at 607-296-0475 or plan an appointment online to work through all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.