Winter weather is just around the corner in Binghamton and when the temperature drops, the energy costs can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors offer during Binghamton winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can trickle in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Johnson City experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to solve these issues before cold weather arrives in Binghamton.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Binghamton a call at 607-296-0475 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.